Wednesday, September 9

sex music

plums.

i'm suffering lament of the lost comment. women24 is undergoing a whole revamp which is radical (do check it out), but i've lost most of my comments on the intern column - which saddens me somewhat. i like when ya'll comment. poop.

in other news.

a guilty pleasure

while i was playing spider solitaire and listening to goldfrapp's felt mountain last night (which is my album-of-the-week-while-i-play-solitaire and Contemplate What To Do Next) i realised that utopia was my ultimate song of what it feels like to be inlove



at least the first bits because, let's be serious, the last bits would just be weird if it was about being inlove, you know...

"It’s a strange day
No colours or shapes
No sound in my head
I forget who I am
When I’m with you
There’s no reason
There’s no sense
I’m not supposed to feel
I forget who I am
I forget
Fascist baby
Utopia, utopia
My dog needs new ears
Make his eyes see forever
Make him live like me
Again and again
I’m wired to the world
That’s how I know everything
I’m super brain
That’s how they made me"

which then got me thinking about music to have sex by (and for some peculiar reason, the time of day...because, you know, that should be considered). so here's my list of my most particular favourites (in no particular order):

massive attack (night)
bjork (night, early morning, afternoon...actually, just depends which crazy cd you listening to)
mozart (sunday morning)
john lee hooker (night)
depeche mode
(night)
tricky (afternoon)
dave brubeck (morning)
sia (morning, afternoon)
cesario evora (whenever)
wyclef jean - specifically carnival II (whenever)

i can't think of any more, but i'll be adding to the list every time i think of something yummy

3 comments:

Sparky said...

love goldfrapp.
however, if you're looking for the most emotionally charged song on that album to get your shnuu-shnuu on, my money is on "horse tears"

the cranes is also nice, if you have it on low. too loud, and it would get depressing.

and then of course, theres the ultimate background music...explosions in the sky

dorothy said...

ah the cranes!!! yes...

sparky said...

oh...another good song
"supermassive black hole" by muse is awesome get it on to.