Thursday, November 5

what would sookie hear


So. thinking some terrible thoughts the other day, it occurred to me that if there were a sookie (sookeh is mah human) around, i'd be fucked. (Yes. I have started watching True Blood. And weirdly, apart from Lafayette, I'm just not that into it.)

and then i thought, just as well no one can hear what we think but if they could would be more careful about what we let moosh about in the grey?

the christians did that whole what would jesus do (WWJD) wristband thing in the 1990s, but i figure, as the rest of us only have TV, social networking and advertising to tell us whether we're being good or bad, a new icon of conscience should be born, and as true blood and vampires are now all the rage, we could have What Would Sookie Hear WWSH (TM) wristbands to help us micro-micromanage our bad thoughts.

my conscience. at least it's pretty. and famous.

it's sort of like 1984 but for the post-MTV generation - more sparkly and less intimidating and kind of sexy, but still very, very creepy.

9 comments:

Sparky said...

sookie (sookeh!), annoys me though. its the gap tooth, I think.

though in her defence, she does get extra nekkid with economical ease quite a lot in season two.

I don't think a WWSH band would work for me. I can barely muzzle some of the flith-flarn-flarn that comes out of my mouth...theres no way I could filter the dirty-dirty that goes on in my head (and why would I want to? its so much fun!)

Anonymous said...

nice blog, i like your thoughts, specially the "terrible ones."
Your image selection also speaks to me. Keep it up! 8D

dorothy said...

thanks anony

Anonymous said...

Hey dorothy, thought you might like this site:
http://gonewild.reddit.com

Take a look, maybe take part. I'm on there...

dorothy said...

:) don't know if i'm going to be doing that ... yet ... but you did give me a good idea about the next column - something i've been toying with for a while now - thanks :)

nursemyra said...

I like True Blood - every time I hear the theme song I get all excited.....

Amanda Sevasti said...

Sometimes I think it would be cool to hear other people's thoughts. But pretty often their faces tell you enough anyway.

Anonymous said...

Come on, don't be such a sqaure. It's nice and anonymous, and the comments are really good for your ego, trust me!

dorothy said...

done and dusted anony. done. and. dusted.
square. really. what do you take me for. check this week's column ;)