Monday, August 30

postsecret pic of the week

postsecret

ah hmm hummm love purrr. i like loving someone. i think there's too high a premium placed on being able to get along through life by yourself.

We're actually just not built that way. Monkeys aren't ever expected to manage a solitary life for all their lives you know.

great. monkey envy. how awesome is my life?

I mean, yes, yes, I know it's so much better being single. you don't have to give a shit about anyone else and you can do whatever you want when you want it. you can sleep with whoever you like, however you like. go wherever you want whenever you want. you can eat chocolate vermicelli for dinner and not wash up (true story).

romantic dinner for two? fuck that shit. chocolate worms for me please.

these things are all fine and well and good and i've often prided myself on being 100% self-reliant. but, well, that's just all feeling a little yawn at the mo. and although i LOVE my friends, i can't cuddle naked with them. or poke their faces.

So this all got me to thinking about settling and partners and the one and the inbetweeners and the and the and the... which means it'll all be in the column this week.

Finally.

6 comments:

Sparky said...

"and although i LOVE my friends, i can't cuddle naked with them. or poke their faces."

damn it.
*kicks dirt*

unrelated topic, I'm on leave from wednesday onwards. I'm thinking we should do tea and confectionary at your place sometime and listen to music and catch up on shit. I'll bring the waistline expanding puddings.

let me know when. kiss kiss.

PS - also unrelated, I almost uncockblocked myself. but then someone else stepped in and cockblocked me for me. details over tea.

Anonymous said...

I find myself in the inbetweener stage, the guy on the side, the convenient date for all the single guys. I find my afraid to commit because I broke the heart of 'the love of my life'.
What is one to do; I feel I will hurt every girl that commits to me now.

Jose' said...

I find myself in the inbetweener stage, the guy on the side, the convenient date for all the single guys. I find my afraid to commit because I broke the heart of 'the love of my life'.
What is one to do; I feel I will hurt every girl that commits to me now.

dorothy said...

sparks - sorted via mail
jose - i guess you gotta remember that there's never only one love of your life. i think the heart's capacity to love and hurt again and again is surprisingly and horrifyingly infinite. maybe you're afraid of commitment not because you think you'll hurt someone again but because you haven't forgiven yourself. or can't let go. or can't trust yourself. or something. i don't know :)

Anonymous said...

HEH - Delfina -

I got your fuckin number bitch

dorothy said...

that's kinda creepy, anonymous.

no one likes a creep. it means you get less hugs from people. please don't be creepy here again (or anywhere for that matter) or i'll be happy to go to the effort to trace your IP address.

love & hugs
dots