Sunday, September 26

postsecret pic of the week

i always freaking knew it. check out the other postsecrets...

been scarce on the blog. couldn't bring myself to buy more data time. really struggling -- emotionally and psycologically speaking -- with concept of paying R289 (about $41) for 1 (ONE) GIG on 3G (you read that right outtatowners) or the schlep and contractual noose of telkom the monolithic state-owned diabolical evil main telco in SA (really just another face to vodacom...)

anyway.

you'll be delighted to know that i have decided where my next trip will be.

it might not be inspired, but i fucking loved cambodia and thailand. problem is, when it came to the former i didn't spend enough time there and when it came to the latter i just went to the same place every time cos it's so freaking perfect.

so ja, after weeks, nay months, of flipping over where i should go, where where where, i've decided the mekong circle. was thinking, like, tanzania, mozambique, madagascar, botswana (fucking LOVE that place. for some reason.) but as much as i love the africa, i'm feeling that humid otherness of SE Asia calling calling calling me again...

i can finally sleep peacefully.


these are actually my pics. for some reason though the only pics i have on this laptop are the cambodia ones. i'd upload more, maybe, later but between blogger error messages and my shitty connection i think i might pop a blood vessel in my small toe.

oao plums. hope your week is as delicious as a very delicious thing. i certainly hope mine is.

dot
xx

5 comments:

dignity said...

paying R 289 for 1G will scare anybody emotionally...

Anonymous said...

Anony 1: This morning on my exciting drive to work I was thinking, "Dot, you should be overseas - why are you here?". Maybe it's projection but hey :>

dorothy said...

dignity > nfk. i actually get a pain in my head.

anony1 > i like home. setting it up i guess so that i have somewhere to come back to :)

Anonymous said...

Anony 1: What's the secret? I just need a travel adventure again. Think I most go on a holiday too :)

kyknoord said...

There are certainly worse places to go in circles.