Wednesday, November 24

welcome to the jungle

plums. i've mentioned before that when i get a song in my head sometimes - from nowhere - i think it might be god's way of sending me a message.

this morning god sent me welcome to the jungle by that skanky-ass crowd, guns n roses (though i say 'skany ass' but i liked them WAY better then... what they are now exactly is a mystery).

please. please bath. please.

can't imagine why.

their album, appetite for destruction, and def leppard's hysteria (still love these two albums) are somehow intimately connected to the preteen shock of hormones that had me reeling between sweeping weepy poetry of almost-angst and borderline violent, rebellious lusting after my crushes...



why welcome to the jungle reminds me of this i don't know. i think i found rose vaguely attractive in that wild, jonny-bad kinda way. though i was mildly attracted to just about everything then... our blonde english teacher with the great tits, the boys in church, the sun, the sea...

everything was an almost-manic sense of attraction ... a wild, confusing mess of 'WTF'... we were too young to know how to translate that into an expression or how to fuck or know what that meant. not really.

so what is god trying to tell me with welcome to the jungle?

i think god is trying to tell me to get to tantra.


why fight it?

4 comments:

dignity said...

shu n,n,n,,n,n,,n,n,n,,n,n,,n,n,,n knees, knees
love the song.
any excuse to get into tantra ;)

dorothy said...

i think god realises that but also realises that i need a little push in the right direction, so he sent me the angel of music on the wind of guns and roses to bring the matter to my attention...

dignity said...

i like ur god... think im gonna pay more attention to the songs in my head

dorothy said...

my god is awesome :P