Tuesday, March 1

white rabbit


this was the plan last night - go for quick after work drink with wonder woman, go home, make a bite, write a column.

this is what happened - went for a drink, got drunk, went home, went to sleep.

it's not that i didn't have a great time, i'm just starting to wonder about this drinking thing. i'm just starting to wonder - again - why i do it. i detest hangovers. i get too drunk too quickly too easily. which means i'm kinda always stuck with some level of bleugh if i go out.

and there's the rub. i go out a lot. lunch meetings, dinner meetings, after work meetings, lunch catch-ups, dinner catch-ups, after work catch-ups, weekends friends parties dinners big brunchy breakfasts ...

so this morning, as i white rabbited my through the fuzz of a new month, i decided to see if i can go through a month without drinking. one month. sounds simple enough right?


8 comments:

Colin said...

Big up to you if you can go with out a drop with you schedule. It is all will power !! Holding thumbs for

dorothy said...

thanks plum :)

Spear The Almighty said...

Try it. It isn't too difficult. When i moved to Middle East for work, I didn't drink for months. Now I have a liquor license so that went to shit.

cassey said...

You can do it, I think it might even get easy.

kyknoord said...

I'm particularly impressed that you chose a long month to do it.

dorothy said...

StA - you had to go to another country to go sober for months.

cassey - thank you my darling. i remain ever hopeful.

KN - well, you know me ... daring, courageous ... a brave heart in the face of confirming my non-alcoholic tendencies

dignity said...

rather you than me... but good luck. i think its an ocean thing, surely the valies dont drink as much as we sea-dwellers

Sparky said...

the last time I drank anything alcoholic was that beer I had at your place when you made chilli. which I think was last winter.

its doable, dot. you just gotta hike up your big girl panties and practice a bit of self control.

(it will make some company a bit more boring, though)